By now most of you have heard about video marketing. But some of you may still be thinking although it would be nice to include video in your school’s marketing strategy, it’s not something that’s on your immediate radar. Well, I’ve got 10 reasons why you may want to reconsider in 2018!
- 5 Billion Viewers Worldwide – the numbers don’t lie; videos are popular! With 5 BILLION people watching videos each day, if you’re looking to get in front of parents and pupils you’d be crazy not to have a school video!
- A Video Says a Thousand Words – The images, colours, music, font and voice-over you use in your video immediately give parents and pupils a sense of what your school is all about. No reading required!
- Video Viewers Remember More – the combination of two senses such as audio and visual has a massive impact on a person’s retention of information. In fact, 80% of internet users remember the videos they watch online. Why not leave a lasting impression on your visitors?!
- Videos Boost Email Engagement – videos aren’t just for your school website or social media. Introductory emails to prospective parents or newsletters to current parents, that include video have double and sometimes TRIPLE the click-thru rate to your website than communication without video. That’s a huge amount of new leads your school could be acting upon!
- Videos Help Your SEO – according to an independent research company (Forrester Research) the chances of getting a page one listing on Google increase 53 times when you’ve included a video on your website! Search engines are placing more and more stock in video content as they begin to recognise just how much more important and valuable it is to visitors.
- Video’s Convey Emotion – people are driven to buy by their emotions. And buying into your school is no different. Using your video to conjure up feelings will not only influence your visitors but there is a likelihood they’ll want to spread that feeling to friends and family.
- Videos Increase Your Social Share – including video in your social media marketing has a huge impact on engagement. Parents and pupils are more likely to interact with and share social media post that includes a video.
- Videos Save Time – in today’s busy world parents and pupils don’t always have time to read a lot of copy, especially when they’re on the go. A video, however, makes it easy to get your school message across quickly
- People Trust Video – people believe what they see more than what they read. The sincerity of your school staff and the enthusiasm of your students are much more likely to be believed than the copy you write.
- The ROI of Video – and lastly, 51% of marketing professionals worldwide cite video as having one of the strongest ROI. That’s a statistic that can’t be ignored!
I’ve listed 10 reasons your school should be doing video marketing but in fact, there are many more! Whether it’s a professionally produced promotional video or a school play captured by a parent, your school videos are marketing gold. Make 2018 the year your school cashes in!